○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

September 2008 Monthly Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:




Total Number of Games Played: 64

I have completely abandoned my fitness regiment in September. Though my weight is manageable at this point, I do plan to jump back on Yourself!Fitness again sometime soon. Ikaruga moved up to the top spot, followed by the addicting Too Human. I have invested around 90+ hours across 5 different characters on the latter and I still don't have my complete Elite armor set. Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise was engrossing - the online co-op was a great addition to an already fun game. Last month, I have spent more hours on the X-Box 360 than I have ever done so since the console's release. This is because I am more involved in the community life of the X-Box Live service. There is a negative side effect of this though: sometimes, people want to chat even when you are playing a different game and this takes away from the deep level of immersion I normally experience playing a game. No PlayStation 3 nor Nintendo DS game was played last month.

Best New Game of the Month:
Too Human (X-Box 360)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Spore (Personal Computer)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
Yakuza 2 (PlayStation 2)*
*I just can't seem to find the game anywhere at retail!

No comments: