○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, June 13, 2024

It's Been 14 Years...

I was talking to my guy today on our way back from the lake and we were chatting about a celebrity who recently started streaming on YouTube. He was impressed by my knowledge of streaming - mind you, he is a non-gamer, and though he likes watching shorts on YouTube, he doesn't partake in live chatting, and that includes my own Twitch channel (though he may stop by every once in a while). He was impressed by my knowledge of live streaming and asked me, "How do you know so much about this?" I told him I have been streaming since 2010 and even I had to check myself when I said that. It truly has been that long since I first started going live on the Internet, exposing myself to online strangers while I partake in my video gaming hobby.


I tried looking for my oldest possible livestream with a facecam and I found this from 10 years ago.

14 years is a long time. It certainly doesn't feel like it in the space of a live streamer. I know that I have been doing this for a while, but I am still what you can call a very, very small streamer. I stream every time I game, and I nab myself an average of oh, 0 viewer? Make of it as you will, and I have gone through bouts of self-doubt when it comes to my online streaming presence, but I am content with where I am as a live streamer. It has become a natural extension of my gaming activities. I have known those who experience livestreaming fatigue and burnout while others are stressed out because they are worried about which game to play or how many people will be tuning in. For me, it's just click this button when I boot up a game and I'm live and chat with people when they stop by. That's it. Sure, I'd be lying if I say that I wouldn't appreciate some company while I'm streaming, but you know, if the people who are close to me are not even watching me when I game, why would I expect some stranger to show up? Basically, when I game, all that I am doing is I open my door for others to step in, if they choose to do that. I'm not putting on a show, I am just playing my games and you just happen to be there with me, I am open to interact if you are game. It's as simple as that. If we gel, cool. If we don't, that's alright too. Just don't come in and try to sell art or try to convince me that I need a stream manager so that I can up my streaming game to the next level. I have been doing this for 14 years and somewhere along the line, I have found a happy place that still motivate me to keep going. 14 more years? As long as I am alive, you will always see me stream my gameplay live. I have done so without fail all these years and I plan on continuing until the end.

No comments: