○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, August 18, 2022

A Game Room Haunting: Eerie True Story

No, Gothtober 2022 is still 2 months away (I am not even sure if it's going to happen this year with the move and all) but I want to share with you a terrifying little story. About a couple of weeks ago, I started hearing this high pitch, whistling noise while I do my thang in the Game Room. I actually have the first occurrence of this recorded in one of my saved livestreams on YouTube, I just can't recall the exact date and time. Then, it started happening intermittently. It sounded, I don't know, electronic? So, I checked all of the smoke detectors and I unplugged a lot of appliances to see if the sound would stop. It didn't of course. I couldn't pinpoint where the sound was coming from because the sound never lasted very long. I did narrow it down though to the hallway of the house. Days later, I started getting a little concerned. I was thinking of calling an electrician, but I was very determined to figure it out on my own. Checking online, - yes, the best source of information - apparently there are people out there with the same issue. The sound they were describing matched exactly the sound that I had been hearing. I thought perhaps it may be electricity related. I was very convinced of this because well, I couldn't find any other explanation and also, the city was apparently digging up the street a couple of blocks away. They have been working on that area for a while and I thought, well, maybe they finally hit the wrong wire. One day, I actually heard the sound while getting the mail, so I thought maybe the sound was coming from outside near the front door.

A scary noise in the Game Room? I wonder where it's coming from.

It got to a point where I pretty much just gave up looking for the source of the noise. Only two things were certain. One, the sound kept happening day after day without fail and two, the sound would stop after a certain time in the early evening and would resume the next day. I pretty much thought that I would have to deal with this until I finally leave this house. Then, I was lying in bed one morning and it just so happen that I was looking at the nightstand next to me and saw the refill for the Air Wick Essential Mist Diffuser. Eureka! I knew that I found the culprit. Suddenly, it all made sense. The diffuser is only on for 8 hours a day and I had programmed it to turn on during the daytime. I immediately ran to the hallway bathroom, opened the diffuser and saw that the little vial had slipped off the holding contraption at the top portion of the device where the blowhole is located. I then turned the diffuser off and then turned it on again and it gave out that high pitch, whistling noise immediately.

It wasn't a ghost. Nor was it a form of alien communication.

In the end, it was actually just an electronic device farting because its orifice was... malfunctioning? I guess the diffuser is just like a human being: the older you get, the louder you fart. I am just glad that I got the mystery solved because it was driving me absolutely insane. I just want to spend the last remaining time I have in this Game Room in peace.

No comments: