○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, June 6, 2022

Steam Deck Incoming

I was doing some light livestreaming of Aquarist for the Personal Computer this morning and after I was done, I saw a yellow bar on top of the Steam client. I was so scared because I have never seen this type of notification before. I thought perhaps that perhaps I was being flagged by Valve because someone attempted to hack my account. Imagine my relief and joy when it was actually a notification to inform me that my Steam Deck is ready for shipping!

Got the message in email form as well.

I have been feeling pretty apprehensive about going through with the pre-order since I prefer to stream while I game but you know what, life is short, and Steam has enhanced my gaming life so much, so why not? Besides, who could resist the temptation of playing a handheld gaming device on the bench at the park while not watching what your dog is doing, or showing your friends a basketball game at the basketball court after they finished playing the real thing, or bringing it to a rooftop party? Am I right, Nintendo? I pre-ordered this darn thing in July of 2021, so that's about a year of wait? Well technically, it was only a rather short 4-month wait because the first units were released and shipped out in late February of this year. Definitely a faster waiting period compared to getting one's hand on a PlayStation 5 or the X-Box Series X offered at retail price. Kudos to Valve though for the clever and reasonable hardware pre-order approach that is actually fair to everyone. I can't wait!

The concept of taking your handheld gaming device everywhere is silly
and Valve knows this - I love how they mock the premise on the Steam Deck page.

No comments: