○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Fitness Comes from Outside of Gaming?

I have been wanting to shed off some pounds but starting a healthy routine is always a challenge. After struggling to initiate a return to healthy physical activities using video games as exercise tools, I have instead used a video streaming service to accomplish that goal. I have been eyeing a bunch of exercise videos on Amazon Prime for a while. Many are quite intimidating, so I was hesitant to commit to any of them until I finally found one that really caught my fancy: 30 Day Yoga for Weight Loss with Julia Marie. I have flirted with yoga before through Yourself!Fitness on the original X-Box and I have always been curious about the daily practice of yoga. So I was like, I got 30 days (one would always hope so) and I want to lose some weight, so why not?

I am on day 26! Haven't missed a single day and I am proud of it.

You may think that yoga is all about holding questionable poses for an unreasonable amount of time but there's more to it than that. Bottom line: yoga can kick your arse. This course offers a couple of introductory sessions, and they serve as a refresher for someone like me who has done yoga in the past. Just when I thought that this class may be too mild for me, things got real challenging real quick! I am almost always drenched in sweat after a non-recovery session, especially when high intensity interval training gets infused into the yoga mix. The instructor, Julia Marie, who is more personable than that bi@tch Maya from Yourself!Fitness, is able to keep me engaged and motivated. The little health tips and tricks at the end of each session also helps. I know what you are all thinking though. After almost completing 30 days of nasty twists and holds, did it work? Well, I did lose some weight but nothing significant. But Julia keeps reminding me that it's easy to focus on the numbers on the scale when the thing that matters most is the positive changes I am making to my body. I know it almost sounds like mumbo-jumbo but I think she has a point. At least I am now exercising and I do feel stronger overall. This daily yoga practice is indeed quite challenging as I find myself needing to catch up on my sleep because I believe my body starts to crave it so that it can rebuild. When the 30 days are up, I plan to continue using this program so that I can keep doing Yoga in perpetuity. I hope she has some kind of suggestions on how I can do that with this specific course but if not, I think I can manage. Who knows, maybe a couple of months from now I can finally do that flying crow pose...

No comments: