○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, June 21, 2021

Big Trouble in Little Update

I have never seen this in my 16+ years of using Steam so I thought I would post it here. There was a little update for Biomutant today and when I started the process, the estimated completion time was indeed quite shocking:

More than a year? Can you be more specific?

It's definitely quicker than than the time you still have to wait to be able to get a PlayStation 5 console at this point - which is a benefit to you because you really should wait for the much superior Pro version - but this long for a 1.5MB update? That's just crazy. Of course, it ended up Steam was just being silly and the actual thing only took about I don't know, 15 minutes? Apparently, this game takes the update route from the likes of Ark, Conan: Exiles, and Dead by Daylight where it reinstalls big portions of the game - or the whole entire game seemingly - whenever it receives a fix. I have seen the time remaining estimate goes all the way up to 5 hours but more than a year? A new record for sure.

No comments: