○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, September 25, 2020

And the Winner of the Cutest Box Ever Is...

As you may have known, the Internet struggle at my new place is real. I used to be able to watch my own broadcast to monitor the video while streaming to twitch.tv. That's a luxury I cannot afford anymore because of my horrible bandwidth limit. I usually have a visual queue in my live video when my mic is muted but since I cannot see anything now while streaming - and no, I am no longer interested in a dual screen setup - I have found myself soundless for half of my broadcast sessions pretty darn often. I have always wanted to get a better microphone for a while now and this finally pushed me to go ahead and just do it. I have been using the Blue Snowball, which is a great mic that is just perfect for my open mic, no headphones setup. What it is missing however is a darn mute button - a feature that can give me a physical cue when I am not capturing any sound during my broadcast. So I decided to just upgrade to the Blue Yeti but if you just happened to be in my shoes, you know that finding one of these has been really difficult thanks to the pandemic. Apparently, people being stuck in the house is a boon for the condenser microphone industry. After waiting for such long time, Amazon finally had it in stock several weeks ago. I had to pre-order it ahead of their incoming stock - I just checked today and it looks like this has sold out again. Today, I finally received my order.

When I opened the Amazon package, I seriously thought that Amazon had punked me good. This was the side of the Blue Yeti's box that I saw. I was like, what the freaking heck is this crap?!

This gave me a serious collector's figurine vibe.

Once, I ordered a log of Mopani Wood from them and I received a green wig instead so ordering a condenser microphone and getting some specialty collector's yeti figurine - which I thought was inside this thing by just looking at all the cute pictures on the panels - is not that farfetched. I panicked for half a minute, frozen there in front of the box. Then, I took it out of the package and was pleasantly surprised that it was indeed the Blue Yeti mic. For something so serious and so expensive, I didn't expect for them to go cutesy cutesy animated yeti for their mic art. You know when you browse items on Amazon, you normally don't see the box in which the products would be coming in and all you see are the images of the products themselves. I would never have expected this mystifyingly confusing super kawaii box.

A mute button. Thank the galaxy for that mute button.

As for the mic itself, just look at it. Sexy, sleek, professional. It definitely sounds better than the Snowball but I need to play around with it a lot more to really gauge the improvements. But yeah, you would expect that the box for such a product would not include a cartoon yeti. I am pretty impressed though at their boldness. High risk, high reward I suppose because I would definitely be mesmerized and convinced to buy this if I saw this box design at a retail store.

No comments: