○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, April 29, 2016

Sega's Cool

I was in for a surprise when I launched a game from the Sega Genesis & Mega Drive Collection on Steam today as I was greeted by a new user interface for the collection presented as a virtual room! I didn't know that the collection has been updated recently and I cannot believe that Sega is just giving us so much love. In a world where Nintendo is still being completely idiotic by staying in the console selling business, we have a developer like Sega who seem to have found themselves in a much better place where they can focus on actual, meaningful game development because you know what Nintendo? It's not just about the gimmick - you destroyed Star Fox Zero thanks to your obsession with gimmicks. Not only were we blessed by the new UI, Sega has even provided graphic enhancement filters as well as Steam Workshop support for all the games in the collection! Wow, I was shocked. Unbelievable. This means that they can all be modded! There is one that modded Streets of Rage 3 into the superior Japanese version of the game. There is another mod that replaces the characters in Streets of Rage 2 with Street Fighter 2 characters. Thank you Sega for your blessing to mod these classics. I cannot wait to see more creative stuff from the Steam community. Now Sega, please release more Genesis/Mega Drive games on Steam! I sure hope Nintendo will start doing the same as soon as their interest in the NX starts to wane, which something that I predict will take at most two years after the release of that sure to be doomed system...

I wish I could customize the room but still, this is so lovely.

No comments: