○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, April 13, 2023

The Games of Steam Spring Sale 2023 Part 3

Click here for Part 1
Click here for Part 2


Sea Horizon ► Roguelites are easy to like and easier to enjoy. I prefer playing them over your typical linear titles. This game reminded me of For the King, especially the graphics style. I am always up for some fantastical, random quickie adventures. I know I have quite a few of these games already but just like those Vampire Survivors clones, I will never get tired of them, as long as they are somewhat decent.

Astlibra Revision ► I saw a streamer playing this and I thought it looked quite fun. I love the high-resolution graphics and the crazy looking enemies. I have been waiting for this to go down in price and even during this sales event, the price drop was quite mediocre. To be honest, the discount really sucked when I picked this up, but I was willing to make a rare exception here.   

Stone Protectors ► This is a port of a Super Nintendo beat-'em-up game that I have never heard of it before apparently. I always appreciate these vintage re-releases, especially at a low, low price.

Catana ► First off, the cat pun is executed perfectly here. But what is this game even, exactly? It's a match 3 puzzle game where you move a ninja cat around a board, destroying everything in your path. It's a cheap game with a unique setup, complete with cool looking boss fights. How can I say no?

Waltz of the Wizard: Natural Magic ► I have played the demo at the infancy of virtual reality technology, and it was such a fun, magical, and engrossing experience. I believe it was one of the first few games I played on my HTC Vive. I didn't even know that it was a demo because the content felt complete - the developers probably didn't know that either. I'd say, this is more of an expansion because I believe this version includes everything found in the demo plus a plethora of new additions.

Candy Disaster ► This seems like the way cuter version of the Deception games on the PlayStation consoles. Combo nasty traps, which is a cool twist to the tower defense genre, to kill off waves of invaders in the form of... candy thieves? Sounds like a good time to me.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Burst Forth!! Choro-gon☆Breath DIRECTOR'S CUT ► What a title. Apparently, this is based off a manga/anime that I was completely unaware of. As a shmup fan, any decent looking one can prove quite attractive. Based off the store page, I thought that this game was going to be a bullet-hell lite but after playing it once, boy was I wrong. The game contains this weird, hard to master dash mechanics. It's a high risk/reward system that involves slightly damaging your character, or killing off your character quickly if you made even the slightest mistakes, for the sake for scoring and it is going to take a long time to learn.

Nine Noir Lives ► Another cat game? At this rate, Yoshi may get a cat brother pretty soon. This is a point and click adventure game that takes place in a cat universe. I like the modern graphics presentation, especially in this world where developers just love opting for pixelated mess, and I really want to know the answer to that question they posed about the number of things needed to be licked to solve a murder mysery.

Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time ► So I know who Samurai Jack is, and I have seen some of the animated show but I was never a big fan of the character. Then why did I even bother getting this game? Well, for one, it looks pretty kick arse and it's also made by Soleil, the development team responsible for the recently released Valkyrie Elysium. I thought that game was not bad at all, despite being such a departure from the Valkyrie Profile series, so this should be quite entertaining.

Battle Girls Phantasia ► Yes, I am a homosexual, tried and true. But that doesn't mean I avoid getting silly, oversexualized Japanese games that are mostly made for the hetero men. I find them funny and quite amusing. To be honest, I really can't see how straight guys find most of these games sexy but then again, how could I? This is an action game where you control, of course, a bunch of female characters and the part that made this a must buy for me was the inclusion of... drilling sessions? These looked way over the top and you know what? Life is too short to not be able to get some laughs from all of this.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War ► I love playing the campaign for these Call of Duty games. I don't care about the multiplayer whatsoever. There were 3 recent Steam releases of CoD, each with the same 50% discount, and though I was tempted, I just can't see myself getting all of them at the same time. This one supposed to have the best story between them so I decided to get it first.

Batora: Lost Haven ► A lost heaven means nothing because heaven is not real. A lost haven? Not over my dead body! It's a pretty looking isometric action role playing game, and I am a big fan of the genre. No clue about the game story but those screenshots do look gorgeous. I know this ain't no Titan Quest but sometimes, you just want something a little simpler that doesn't require too much commitment in your action RPG and Batora seems to be offering that.

Fantasy General II: Complete ► I have been waiting for years for the price for this to drop to a justifiable amount and it finally did. This was my last-minute induction during this sales event - this is a tradition for me, to quickly browse my wish list on the last day during the last couple of hours and decide on some quick buys - and it's a satisfying one. I love the strategy genre in general but add the ability to command fantasy units into the game and I will be all over it.

No comments: