○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, September 15, 2022

The X-Box Flipperoo & A Surprise Judgment

After I got my X-Box Series X unit last month, my curiosity had resulted into me actually getting a couple of more physical games for the system - well, more like for the X-Box One but I don't have that console because I skipped that cycle - just to confirm if Microsoft had indeed designed the game disc holders to stay on the left side of the game cases. Well, here's the result:

Lefties rejoice! Definitely an unexpected, unique twist to disc storage.

And oh, all of the console logos at the top of the front covers are always embossed as well. So yeah, pretty cool stuff if you are still into cluttering your space with physical things. I have been enjoying my Series X as I have been using it to play Radiant Silvergun mostly, which is a game that actually got a Nintendo Switch release recently. Let's hope that this means a Personal Computer version may be on its way, but if ESPGaluda II on the Switch is any indication (it was also ported to the system by the same developer, Live Wire), I really doubt it. I really, really want to test out the backwards compatible titles from the previous generations on the Series X but I can only do that when I unpack at my next home. Meanwhile, this shocking thing happened yesterday:

Everything comes to Steam eventually.

If you recall, I actually picked up the first Judgment game so that I can play it on the Series X. Sega was having difficulties porting these games to the Personal Computer due to the right to use the likeness of the main actor from what I understand. Apparently, they got that issue handled and decided to just release the games without much fanfare. I am not upset about this though, I knew better. Before I saw the Steam release, I was actually browsing the X-Box Store and saw that the complete edition of Lost Judgment was 50% off. I was so close to actually purchasing it but by some miracles from the gaming ethereal, I decided to jump on Steam to check on my cart and that was when I saw the games being promoted on the main store page. It's still very expensive to buy this game, or both plus the downloadable content on Steam despite them being older titles so technically, I don't think it's a bad deal to actually get LJ for the Series X. Then, I was reminded of the whole resolution vs performance options that plague both the Series X and the PlayStation 5 and I said "nope!". They really need to have AMD's FSR released on these consoles so that 4K 60fps with all the bangs and whistles can be achievable but even if that happens, would it even work for previously released games? Probably not. No, I don't want to be anywhere near that.  I think the best solution would be to have FSR patched in at the console hardware level but the chances of that is slim. Microsoft and Sony would probably rather re-release games and call them "FSR Remastered". I am just going to wait it out until the entire collection is say $40?

No comments: