○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

I Like Epic's Sale Better Than Steam's

Those who are uninformed and misguided, and maybe a smidgen stupid, hate the Epic Games Store. I personally enjoy the Epic Games Launcher thus far. The never ending free games, though most ended up being duplicates of my Steam and Twitch games, are reason enough to endear one to Epic's digital storefront. These games are mostly great titles too with a sprinkle of the ordinary thrown into the mix every so often. It's also great that Epic is offering a much larger cut of the profit to the developers/publishers from games sold compared to Steam. Everyone wants more money, you cannot blame them for signing a limited exclusivity deal with Epic. I am still baffled however that after all this time, improvements to the launcher have been incredibly slow. Does everyone who work at Epic only spend their every working hour collectively on Fortnite? I can't even customize my profile with an avatar, now that is just ridiculous in this day and age. Let's not talk about the lack of a shopping cart, it's pretty asinine.

The Epic Games launcher has more of my games than Origin and Uplay combined.

Epic is currently having an "Epic Mega Sale 2020" event that will last until June 11th and you know what? I am so in love with Epic right now. I know they did this same thing during their last sale event, but I wasn't sure if the "combo chain" (I will explain) was limited to just one title previously. You see, Epic is offering a $10 discount that can be used on eligible titles on the store priced $14.99 and above and by doing so during this promotion period, you then get another $10 discount and this can continue until... you emptied out your wallet? Has anything like this ever happened on Steam? Never. I had to grind tasks and pay money to earn measly cash discounts during the Steam sale events but no, not here. Since I have had my eyes on a number of games less than $20 with the sale discount that qualify for the $10 off, I am paying low, low prices to get these awesome games, like Journey to the Savage Planet, a game released early this year, that sees a price reduction from $29.99 to merely $7.99! This is quite generous. I quickly removed quite a number of games from my Steam wishlist today, hitting that "Played on Another Platform" ignore box to give Valve a message that hey, perhaps they need to be a bit more giving. Now please Epic, give us a shopping cart ASAP, as in roll it out in the next update?

No comments: