○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Daily Game Log Change

My husband asked me the other day if I have played anything but "enemy's been slain" game - he's referring to League of Legends, a game that took up a lot of my time for years - and I said yes of course as I pointed him towards the Daily Game Log that I publish every week on this site. He didn't really believe me because whenever he just happens to walk pass the Game Room, he would see me play Heroes of the Storm and he can't distinguish that from LoL - believe me, I tried to explain it to him that they are two different games. I then urged him to check out my Twitch broadcast archive alongside my YouTube videos but he has no interest in those whatsoever. And that is fine but the whole thing got me thinking: If my own husband doesn't really see the value of listing played games without any hint of actual gameplay attached to it, well, perhaps I have been doing this whole thing wrong. I am glad that I keep track of the games I play every single day but I realized that there is a better way to document this... Then it hit me: Twitch! I finally have a real purpose for streaming besides the whole looking for like-minded friends bullshit that I keep feeding myself. I am now going to save all of my gameplay as highlights and then publishing them here on this site daily. Sure, people have better things to do than watching me play video games - and I do play a lot of video games every day - but just like the previous format of listing these played games, this is just a more robust way of documenting my gaming activities. I think it may be cool to one day in the distant future to randomly pick a day from the Daily Game Log and watch myself play my games. One thing for sure, this is going to be the most detailed Gaming Diary ever conceived - my plan here to have a recording of every single one of my gameplay sessions outside of the handhelds (I don't have the tools for that yet) - and I am committed to see through the process until I am unable to play video games anymore. The first entry will be visible on the site tomorrow!

The evolution begins today!


Update Note: 02/22/2016, 12:08pm - It looks like it's going to be easier for me to do with by streaming on YouTube Gaming instead of Twitch. I am going to make the jump and start documenting my daily gaming there instead. As a bonus, the stream quality is a lot better too because YouTube allows up to two times the bitrate of your a Twitch stream plus transcoding! I may have to still stream Audiosurf 2 on Twitch though...

02/22/2016, 3:30pm - With the new focus on gameplay documentation, I have decided to retire the Monthly Gaming Analysis portion of this site. This of course affects the Yearly Gaming Analysis segment as well, even though I am still committed in publishing the result from 2015. Video gaming for me these days has evolved into a continuous spectrum that is not defined by the constraints of time and I am hoping that this renewed focus will also reinvigorate the journalistic side of this passionate hobby of mine.

03/04/2016 - Alright, so I have encountered some technical difficulties with trying to maintain my daily gaming diary, specifically when it comes to dealing with copyright tags on YouTube Gaming. Maybe I need to scale this down somewhat. Are video logs really that important to me? I don't think I really need to prove to anyone that I am playing all these games I play.  Perhaps I should just take a screenshot from my broadcast sessions to commemorate them every day. Yeah, I prefer that a lot more. I think it's more fun to cut highlight videos when magical moments occur. Recording the whole entirety of gameplay is just a lazy solution. I am going to try this out and see where it takes me.

03/04/2016 - I don't know, it just doesn't feel right. I'm thinking perhaps I should just let this whole thing go. I am not too proud to admit if something is not working out. Perhaps it's best to just retire the whole gameplay tracking thing, just enjoy my gaming, and move on from there.

No comments: