○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, July 7, 2023

New Home, New Game Room

I know, it has been a while. You could probably guess what happened during the majority of my absence last month - Yes, I was moving to my new home. As stated previously, it was a long, arduous process. I got to my new home around the middle of the month. The delivery of my belongings was delayed by a week or so. I wanted to write and post some updates here back then, but I also discovered that the website was heavily attacked by some bot. I contacted Google multiple times, but I didn't get any assistance, so I turned off public access to the site. The bot seemed to calm down now so I thought I would sneak in a post and monitor the situation. So yes, I survived the move, though I am still physically and emotionally exhausted, and I have been working on Game Room Ver. 5.0 slowly but surely as soon as I got my greedy little hands on my gaming stuff again.

I have done quite a bit but it's nowhere close to being done.

I'm happy to report that a majority of my gaming items were not damaged during the transport. The movers did a great job. Tragically, a couple of large gaming boxes actually got damaged after they have been sitting here for days.

Yoshi has been hanging around the Game Room ever since we got here.

Another bit of good news here is that I am able to secure enough space for room-scale virtual reality in here! There is enough empty space behind my gaming desk that can support that, as long as I move my chair away - in this case, I have to move it next to the left of my cube personal computer shown in the first picture. I am currently gaming with a 2.1 audio but I will setup the 7.1 surround soon - working with the speaker wires to accomplish this is never something that I look forward to actually doing. Then, I have a number of wall shelves that you can see in Game Room Ver 2.0 that I want to put up, plus all the crazy amount of gaming stuff that must be stored somewhere else in this house. As for my Miku figures, well, they will have to be placed in my bedroom, which I hope will not be a point of deterrent for future romantic activities.

No comments: