○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Friday, August 14, 2026

Steam Calendar Keeping Things Current

There are too many important things happening in the world these days, you wonder how a gamer could keep up with all the new titles coming out that are relevant to that person. I mean, I certainly struggle with that these days since gaming, as much as it is a beloved hobby, is not necessarily existential in nature when it comes to overall importance... perhaps, so sometimes it gets pushed to the back burner. Well, I know that this feature has been out for a while I believe, but I have been noticing that these days, I am getting more and more reliant on using the "Personal Calendar" section of Steam to keep me afloat in a sea of never-ending game releases, at least on the PC gaming front.

I tried maxing the game count to 500 and that spiked my anxiety level so 100 is more than enough.

You see, I used to like using the "Discovery Queue" section of Steam and go through the list of games featured there to be sorted between my wishlist or ignored games, but that can become time consuming because games are presented to me one at a time. Using this new dedicated calendar page, or even by looking at this calendar section on the main page of the store, I get a high-level view of all the recent and upcoming games available on Steam. Mousing over the games provide the descriptions as well as screenshots for the games so an attractive header image is important here for game developers. Steam is smart enough to recommend games that I am normally interested in as well because most of these games featured on the calendar would end up on my forever bloated wishlist. The usual shovelwares that dominate the Discovery Queue are not present here. This is easily the best game introduction feature I have seen across gaming platforms on both PC and consoles. I still visit the Discovery Queue, but time is short, life is cruel, there are games to be played, thoughts to be occupied, and other things that needed doing. And Valve's little trap here is a clever device to ensure that they keep a gamer like me engaged in a world that is seemingly going more and more insane by the minute.

No comments: