○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Free Games with Prime Obsessed with SNK

If you are a gamer who is a current Amazon Prime member, I am sure you must have noticed that Amazon has been releasing a lot of SNK games for free through their Prime Gaming program. For those who are not familiar with this, basically, you get to claim a number of free games every month that you get to keep in perpetuity even if you decided to cancel your Amazon Prime membership at a later time - unlike rental programs like PSN Plus and the likes. These SNK games I mentioned earlier are titles from the golden era of the arcades and though you can get most of them in some form or another out there in the gaming marketplace, it's nice to see that Prime Gaming is seemingly focused in trying to get all of these titles available through their digital distribution service, for free nonetheless for Amazon prime users.

The Amazon Prime membership is definitely worth it thanks to the addition of these SNK games.

At first, it may be seemingly lazy to offer these games for free but you know what makes this whole thing even more special? The version of these games offered here were ported specifically by Code Mystics - though some of their works are available on other platforms, most of these are exclusively released here for the Amazon Games app. This development studio is popular amongst retro fans but I do find their scanline work disappointing (Hamster Corporation's version of these games have superior, perfect scanline filters) - though they always have a bilinear filtering toggle available to smooth out the looks of these old games unlike most "retro" developers. Perhaps a member of the Amazon gaming team is a big fan of SNK games? Who knows but I am so happy to see this happening. I hope that eventually, every single classic SNK games will be made available here! And after that? Plenty other hot classics out there, Amazon... Keep going! In other news, I am finally moving to my new home. The long, arduous journey has started and thankfully, I am still able to use my work Personal Computer in the interim. Hopefully, I will be able to get everything up and running at the new place sometime next week!

No comments: