○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Patience and Radiant Silvergun

I can't believe it. Radiant Silvergun is actually making its way to Steam, courtesy of Live Wire. Which is pretty funny, I suppose, since Treasure brought Ikaruga to the platform but they are just so unwilling to put in the work to publish Radiant Silvergun by themselves. This could mean that ESPgaluda II may also arrive on Steam in the near future since Live Wire released that game alongside other Cave shmups on the Nintendo Switch.


Hopefully, "coming soon" means in the upcoming weeks?

There is a funny little story I would like to share with you that happened to me around the time of this announcement. Both Radiant Silvergun and ESPgaluda II were both being discounted on the Switch eShop recently and I was so close to purchasing them. But lately, I have been more thoughtful in my approach when it comes to acquiring games that I have already own on other platforms. I can easily play both Radiant Silvergun and ESPgaluda II via my X-Box 360 and Series X at any time so I thought, it would be silly to reacquire these unless they cost $5 each. Then, the next day, I saw the Radiant Silvergun page on Steam. As exciting as the prospect of playing this game on my Personal Computer, however, I want to continue with that same approach: surely, it's not worth having the same remastered version of the game on two platforms, unless of course, it's hyper giga cheap. I am certainly getting old am I not? I used to think that having games on the PC means I have it "forever" since the PC platform transcends that generational backwards compatibility limitation found in the console world. But I know that's not true. I don't live forever, and since I take good care of my consoles, they are probably going to outlive me. So, it's best to use that money on games that I don't have in my collection. Yes, this article is getting real dark real quickly, but such is life.

No comments: