○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, July 31, 2015

Windows 10 Is Here: Meanwhile...

With Microsoft's Windows 10 being released on 07/29/2015, Valve wants to remind people that they also have a new operating system called SteamOS by featuring the limited amount of high profile SteamOS compatible games for the Steam weekend deal. Now you know that I am crazy about Steam and what it does to gaming on the Personal Computer platform but I am not a big fan of the whole SteamOS deal. I have upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and I am loving the upgrade so far. SteamOS was announced before Windows 10 yet it's still in beta? What's taking so long Valve? While the Windows Store still sucks - where is Killer Instinct? - and I doubt that it would ever become the killer gaming app that Microsoft envisions it to be (it doesn't help that Microsoft is still unwilling to release all X-Box 360 and X-Box One games for the PC), at least Microsoft's goal with Windows 10 is the unification of a multitude of devices while Valve's focus with SteamOS on the other hand is the whole living room delusion/nonsense. Microsoft wins this one. Valve, just keep focusing on delivering PC games to us. Your living room obsession is not only annoying but it nauseates me every time I think about it. Refocus, Gabe, refocus!

These selections will make you wish you have SteamOS! Oh wait...

No comments: