○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ultra Rapid Fire Fun: It's No Joke

Though it is certainly obvious that the suddenly released "Ultra Rapid Fire" mode for League of Legends today of all days is not a preview of how the game will evolve to in the upcoming 2015 season, I certainly hope that Riot Games will take things a little bit more seriously when deciding the eventual fate of this new way to play the game. Just like All Random All Mid, URF is the less serious yet the totally more fun game mode compared to the others and URF implements the following alterations to the Summoner's Rift map:

In other words, it's a rather spammy, overpowered, steroid-induced mess of a fest.

Supposedly, the mode will be accessible only for this week but why limit the options available for the game? I don't see myself playing this mode exclusively if it becomes permanent but surely it would be nice to be able to play it every so often, especially when all I want to do is spam Soraka's Starcall all game long...

The flashy updated log-in menu is very appropriate indeed.


Update Note: 04/08/2014 - Riot agreed to extend URF for a little while longer and even removed some of the too overpowered champions from the pool to make this mode enjoyable. I sure do wish that they will reconsider to just make this mode a permanent LoL feature though.

No comments: