○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Audiosurf Goes Sky Crazy

I have been playing Audiosurf for the Personal Computer for a long time and it is to me the best way to enjoy listening to my music. I have been playing a lot more of it recently because it's a good way to just chill out and unwind for I have a lot of troubling things happening in my life. Last night, I decided to watch some twitch.tv stream while eating dinner after I had been audio-surfing myself when I found another streamer who was playing the game. Though I wasn't a fan of this streamer's choice of music but it was quite noticeable that the background image surrounding the in-game "race track" was not simply black but a beautiful, atmospheric cloudy sky. I proceeded to ask the streamer the method of accomplishing this feat and I was referred to this thread on the official forum. Notice the date on that discussion. Yes, it was March 19th, 2009. Apparently, I had been in the dark about this for more than 4 years. It is tricky to pull off a nice looking "Skysphere" but I found out that the best thing to do here is is to find a background with a 4096 x 2048 resolution. It's better late than never of course and now that I have found this, my love for this game has increased even more!

Taking my audio-surfing experience to the farthest reaches of the galaxy.

No comments: