○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LIVE Gold and Plus?

Not too long ago, I got a complimentary 3-month entry back into the X-Box 360 LIVE Gold service and now, I am on the PlayStation Plus! You know that I don't like both services and I do feel that Plus is as disgusting of a scheme as LIVE Gold but since I wasn't able to give away the codes that I have for the free one month access, I decided to just use one myself before the expiration date of the 31st of this month. Well, I do have one left so if you are interested, feel free to let me know before that date arrives. This does mean that I have to plug in a credit card information into my PlayStation Network profile, something that I have been avoiding ever since that fatal security accident that occurred last year. Since Amazon.comhas stopped selling codes for the PSN games, it is now unavoidable to use my credit card if I want to get anything from the PSN Store. But of course I can always just pick up one of those PSN Cards, which may be more of a hassle if I want to get something quick. Since I plan on getting several games from the PSN Store, Journey being one of them, I thought I may as well use the free month of Plus. The first thing I did after I signed up? I turned off the automatic renewal for the Plus subscription...

That "+" symbol next to your profile is such an eye sore...

3 comments:

Chalgyr said...

Good morning.

I have both services, and I find PS+ a lot more palatable than the Gold Live, but I definitely understand the annoyance people have with both. Would I be able to use this to extend my current subscription, which is nearly at an end? If so, I'd take it if you don't have any other takers yet. Actually, even if I couldn't extend mine, my son would probably get used out of it. Hmm, so either or. If you want to drop me an email it's chalgyr@yahoo.com

Read your other post - sorry to hear about your foot. I used to have this metal bed stand and I can't count the # of times I cut or nearly broke my pinky on the corner/feet of that thing. I finally tore it apart and just used box springs right on the floor, so I can quite literally say I have felt your pain.

Loner Gamer said...

Thanks, I appreciate that and yes, I will send the code over to your email. I have a feeling it won't extend your current Plus but there is nothing that indicates that you can't use it for that purpose so go ahead and try it out.

Chalgyr said...

For anyone else reading who is curious? It worked like a charm extending by a month. Thanks!