○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, November 10, 2011

October 2011 Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:


Total Games Played: 31

Dark Souls for the PlayStation 3 definitely ate up a lot of gaming hours last month but I visited it less often than League of Legends on the Personal Computer that once again took the number one spot. I have played less Dark Souls this past week however because once the game became too predictable and easy, the fun lessens and the game starts to feel too repetitive. Still, I am interested in getting my character to level up some more so that I could equip some of the cool looking weapons and armor sets I found. I don't think I will stop playing it any time soon.

On the third spot, Bleach: Soul Resurrección for the PlayStation 3, which is one really addicting game. It's another Dynasty Warriors clone but the cool-looking characters and their over the top fighting styles made it hard for me to stop playing. The fourth most played game last month was Dungeon Defenders for the Personal Computer. This tower defense turned action role playing game features plenty of crazy loot to collect and up to four player co-op action. The developer Trendy Entertainment released a free Halloween add-on specifically for the PC version late last month that brought with it many unique rewards. I would have played this more if I wasn't too distracted by Dark Souls.


This Month's Inductees:


Total Inductions: 20

No comments: