○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Staying True to the Price Commitment

I went out with my spouse to my favorite local electronics store this evening and I must admit that I was a little bit fearful that I may have a difficult time inside because of my new commitment on the maximum amount of money I would spend on a game. The games I really, really wanted to get my hands on at the moment are Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 and Bleach: Soul Resureccion for the PlayStation 3 and both games have that ridiculously expensive price tag of $59.99 each. I stayed true to my words however and pulled myself away from those games. I know that it is going to take a while for those two games to go down in price but I know that I'll survive just accessing my already over-bloated Game Library. I was able to find a game that matched my criteria of $39.99 or lower with Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the Personal Computer, so at least I didn't walk out of the store empty handed.

Acquiring a freshly released, brand new copy
of a game at $39.99 or lower may be tricky but it's possible.

The funny thing about this retail copy of the game is that it comes with an OnLive coupon that grants you access to play the game for free from that disappointing direct stream service. Though generous, the offer is rather ironic and redundant. Since I am going to install the game on my hard drive to play it, why would I play the OnLive version with its lower resolution and mediocre graphical setting? Are the people at OnLive getting really, really desperate? I suppose I could sell the access code to a person who subscribe to OnLive and make some money from it... But I don't even know anyone who is paying money for an OnLive subscription! I mean, seriously... Who would?

2 comments:

Kelli said...

you got deus ex for 39.99??????? how did that happen, lol

Loner Gamer said...

The store likes to sell new games with a hefty discount. It's just a matter of getting there quickly before they ran out.