○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, February 14, 2011

Video Games: Better Than Sex?

It's Valentine's Day so let's talk about video games plus something a little bit naughty: sex. Unless you are brainwashed (or worse, physically altered) to justify that sex is bad by the society or your religion, we all know better that everyone likes sex. As someone who is mighty obsessed with video games, I too believe in the pleasures of the flesh. But I am sure that a lot of you have heard of people comparing video games directly to sex, making proclamations that they are better than having sex. Such a bold claim for sure but is that really true or is it just a desperate statement from someone who never got laid?

The most romantic gift I have ever received and it's not game-related.

Now I am okay with people describing the experience of playing a video game as "orgasmic". As a matter of fact, I often use that term interchangeably as well since it describes the feeling of pleasurable climax akin to experiencing an orgasm. Now I would never say that I had orgasm playing League of Legends but I would not hesitate to say that the game is orgasmic - notice the difference? Now to answer the main question posed in the previous paragraph, I personally have not experienced even a single moment in my entire gaming life thus far when gaming actually got really close to being as good as sex.

The PlayStation Move is something you'd expect to find in an adult store.

So for me, sex is better than video games but video games can still of course be something that is quite "sexy". And of course I am not just referring to the rumble feature of the modern controllers that can double as an effective vibrator when the right game is in session - oh don't tell me you never put them on your lap. I am of course also talking about the many, many characters found inside the video gaming universe. There's always one you can drool over no matter what type you are looking for nor the sexual orientation you are aligned with. You like innocent princesses? Well, there's Princess Peach from the Mario games. S&M rocks your world? Well there's Voldo from the Soul Calibur series (if that's too hardcore you can always downgrade to Ivy). You enjoy lamenting over a dead lover? Aerith from Final Fantasy VII is there for you to grief upon. Looking for the ultimate jock who is not as smart as he seems to be? Look no further than Nathan Drake from the Uncharted games. And the list goes on and on. And you know what? I too have my own collection of video games characters that I don't mind spending some personal time with and yes my significant other found that to be curious, silly, and amusing. The fact of the matter is that video games can only tease you about sex but they can never give you any real sexual gratification - and that includes the rumble feature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Games are not worse, or better or equall than sex. Sex can´t be replaced with games and games can´t be replaced with sex.
Both are a necesity haha :p