○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, April 13, 2009

Games Played 04/06/2009

Dance Dance Revolution Universe - X-Box 360
Kameo: Elements of Power - X-Box 360
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - NDS


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Splashdown (2001)
Developer: Rainbow Studios
Platform: PlayStation 2
Purchase Date: 11/19/2001


The water is deep and blue... It must be hiding a large shark underneath it.

Splashdown is the only watercraft racing game that comes close to the very high standard of perfection set by Wave Race 64 on the Nintendo 64. The graphics and physics for the water are both very impressive - as much as I am afraid of large bodies of water, I am immune to them somewhat when it comes to racing games because the threat of actually being submerged under it seems somewhat artificial. The international courses are imaginative and there are always something eye-catching scattered throughout them. The stunt-boost mechanics are somewhat of a staple in the genre but they do make the race more exciting. The Sea-Doo license is a bit confusing to me because the game doesn't seem to want to take itself seriously at all with its cheesy characters and Electronic Arts-inspired "give me youth or give me death" soundtrack.

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: