○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Games Played 04/02/2009



RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Tomb Raiders (1997)
Developer: Core Design Limited
Platform: SegaSaturn
Purchase Date: 1997


Ain't she a beauty?

No it's not a language translation error. The Japanese release added the "s" at the end of the game's title, perhaps to honor the villains in the game because they are also raiding the tombs alongside our heroine Lara Croft. The first time I played Tomb Raider was on a personal computer before I own it for the Saturn. This is the roughest-looking version of the game with tons of pixelated textures and frame rate issues. It is also lacking the atmospheric lighting effects that are found in the other versions. Despite all those problems, the game is still highly playable and I completed it more than 5 times if I recall correctly because I enjoyed it so much. The game used to be very magical because it was innovative and new for its time with many clever platforming sections as well as brilliant puzzles to solve. Ms. Croft's first adventure is also her best adventure ever even though she doesn't exactly look glamorous in the game... Unless you enjoy looking at Pinocchio with something dangerously sharp attached to his chest.

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: