○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Games Played 02/27/2009

Killzone 2 Demo - PlayStation 3*
Samurai Warriors - PlayStation 2
Samurai Warriors 2 - X-Box 360
Street Fighter IV - PlayStation 3
Tales of Vesperia - X-Box 360
Zone of the Enders - PlayStation 2

*To those who actually say that the game looks better than the infamous target render... Are you blind? Just accept the fact that the game looks beautiful - because it is - but to say that it looks like that really pretty CG movie? You are lying to yourselves. Hmm... Let me fire this missile launcher... Hey wait, how come there is no super realistic smoke-trail following the missile like what was shown in that CG movie?


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Summoner (2001)
Developer: Volition, Inc.
Platform: PlayStation 2
Purchase Date: 03/27/2001


Those texture works are just plain disastrous.

Summoner is one of my first PlayStation 2 games. As a matter of fact, I can still remember going to the K-Mart that was just a couple of blocks away from where I worked at the time to pick it up. I used public transportation back then and I would buy my games wherever convenient. In the game, you play as a summoner who can conjure otherworldly beasts, a talent that caused the main character quite a tragic childhood. I was so disappointed when I first put the disc into the console because the graphics were pretty ugly. That ugliness can be multiplied by a hundred when I looked at it earlier today. It reminded me of something that should belong on the first PlayStation. I do like that it isn't another Japanese role playing game and the real time battle mechanics are entertaining. The game probably deserves more than the short period of time that I had spent playing it in the past.

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: